Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Jennifer is an advocate of cloth diapering, breastfeeding, babywearing, and natural childbirth. Jennifer big interest is in running as well as being home with her kiddos. I look forward to seeing how her position contributes to Ecological Babies in an unique direction as she brings her creativity, organization, and spirit to our team.
Jennifer is located in the midtown area, giving you great accessibility for your local pick ups. For more details about her location, visit our website.
We appreciate all of your patience as we get our inventory back up as well as shifting our locations. We are also grateful for Blair Bull who helped us out at the Healing Arts Alliance in preparing and delivering a presentation, despite her first trimester sickness. Thanks Blair!
I hope you will help me in welcoming Jennifer into our Tallahassee community. And try to remember that I'm Jen and she is Jennifer. :)
Thursday, August 16, 2012
1. Have issues with diaper rash.
2. Lose some friends at playgroups.
3. Have diapers that are unnecessarily leaking.
4. Have diapers that seem unusually uncomfortable and stiff on your baby.
All these are issues you don't want, right? :)
Well, there are a few steps I recommend for a solution.
1. It's time to strip your diapers. Go here to read more about your different options (easy, I promise!).
2. Make sure you are washing every 1-3 days. Otherwise, smells will start to set in (and bacteria too!).
3. Use a dry pail system for storing your dirty diapers, as opposed to a wet pail full of water or a solution.
4. If you have a private space that your child won't get into, keep your pail open for awhile. This allows the diaper to dry, which will stop ammonia from building up.
5. Get in the practice of sprinkling baking soda on the dirty diaper after you throw it in. This will absorb smells, as well as increasing the effectiveness of your wash cycle. We use a little arm&hammer shaker but some have used a parmesan cheese container (glass or plastic).
6. Try to work on purchasing natural fibers. Synthetic materials build up quicker and hold onto smells more so than natural ones (cotton, hemp, bamboo) They tend to be better quality too!
Jen Starks, Owner
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
If you haven't already read it in our current newsletter, we now have an additional location for you to pick up your orders in our South Bend location. Our friends at Just Goods have been kind enough to offer this extra convenience for you. If you've never been inside the store, you'll definitely want to take a look around. Right now, they have some sweet back-to-school goods to kick off the school year "green."
After placing your order with us, we'll ask you which location you'd like to pick up your order (my home or at Just Goods). We will then be delivering all paid orders on Wednesday evenings around 5pm. After that, they will be available for you to pick up during their open hours:
Just let them know you are there to pick up your order and give them your name. It's as easy as that!